Saturday, April 19, 2008

DO NOT WANT

imagine this. You've been sewing every weekend (except easter and last weekend) since the super bowl. It is Friday night, around 9 pm you just placed all the lacing holes with your bosun knife and you dig in your closet for your ren faire boot to pilfer its 6 foot shoe lace. you put them on, thinking "hell, it was only 10 pounds I gained since I cut the pattern, this should fit just fine!"

You bribe your other half to spend 15 min lacing your expanding self into the damn things.

Finally, about 70 hours worth of sewing!

1. The shoulder straps are too short due to an increased bust size


2. you screwed up on the attachment of one panel to the other, knew there was a problem but didn't realize how bad





3. The boning hurts under my armpits! OUCH!!!





















4. You still need to add a modesty panel, and work on getting help lacing your stays.

4. But you did manage to do a fabulous job plucking your eye brows by yourself :)





















First thing this morning I adjusted the panel attachment, it isn't perfect but it is ok. Then, I shortened the bones in the side panels. I refitted them on me to make sure things look "ok"- and they do. Then, I ran out of thread. So today when we go to my parents for my birthday dinner, I need to pick up more of the correct color. And guess what, since I am traveling again for work this week, I don't get to work on them! I might just pack them, so I can manage to maybe finish the binding tape and half the eyelets before next weekend. Because next weekend, I want to start my new project: making a dress form with my stays on!

No comments: