Saturday, March 22, 2008

I have a reader!

In 3 years of blogging on various blogger sites, I finally got a post from a person I did not know in real life. So to announce this special moment on my new blog, Welcome Chole. She has a blog Slightly Obsessed that I should have been reading when I started this project!

So here I am wasting precious, extremely limited time sitting online reading her blog and also looking for info on GAoP period correct fabric colors (Damn it, I want an eggplant color mantua!) while waiting for my grocery drop off from Fresh Direct.

This is a monumental day, as since we have been living in Brooklyn I have been setting up Fresh Direct orders, one might call it window food shopping, but never actually submitting the order because I thought it is easier to get off my lazy but and walk 3 blocks to key foods. But something came over me last night, and I hit the button. The food will get here between 9-11 am- kinda of like waiting for the cable guy to get here for an install..I am starving I hope he gets here before 930.

I am going to go back to my hand stitching. After looking at Chole's stays and her hand stitching I noticed she did one seem per each channel (her stitches look so nice)- I did one down and one up because I was worried about the amount of pulling I will be doing on them and I didn't want to lose a channel while at an event. I am starting to think I doubled my time for nothing...

Off I go, hopefully I will have a post by end of tomorrow with the last panel of bone channels sewed and pieces attached together!

1 comment:

Chole White said...

:D happy to be here!

- Go to your local library & get just about *any* book on natural dying. I know there are some that even have color charts. I found it much easier to pick "historic" colors from modern fabric stores if I'd already looked at the sorts of colors that natural dyes can make. Also, don't forget to get the free swatches from Fabric-store.com in case your monitor isn't accurate.

- Are you backstitching the channels on your stays? That gives the stitches more holding strength for less work.

- Turn on an audiobook! Makes the sewing go so fast, & you're not looking up from the work like if you were watching a movie. Make it a history book & you're killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Now you know all my secrets!